The management of “AzerGold” CJSC declares that the Company’s ecological policy is guided by the environmental protection and use of natural resources according to the principles of sustainable development during exploration, study, research, development and management of non-ferrous ore deposits. The Company also:
- Observes the provisions of international contracts and conventions (agreements, protocols etc.) regarding protection of natural resources, supported by our republic, as well as local legislation requirements;
- Applies progressive methods in accordance with sustainable development principles for the purpose of minimizing the environemntal pollution and regulating its protection;
- Takes preventive and protective measures, which prevent negative impact on the environment;
- Tries to reduce to the maximum the ecological risks for ecosystems that may occur in its fields of activity;
- Applies Environmental Management;
- Provides extension of relations with state, government authorities and public organizations in the field of environmental protection, public healthcare and effective use of natural resources;
- Plays an active social role in environmental protection;
- Provides continuous monitoring of impact on the environment during exploration, study, research, development processes of non-ferrous ore deposits.
“AzerGold” CJSC defines following main mechanisms on fulfilment of obligations of environmental protection, environmental safety and ecological policy:
- Provides continuous control and internal reforms in order to apply this system and improve its implementation as well in accordance with the requirements of Environmental Management;
- Mobilizes appropriate resources in order to determine the goals on measurable ecological and corporative social responsibility directed to reduction of negative impact on the environment;
- Provides absolute consideration of ecological aspects during planning and implementation of general activity of the company, and assessment of risks during that process;
- Develops target-oriented Programs and Plans financed by the Company related to providing continuous monitoring according to the most important ecological aspects of production activities, analyses of the results of this monitoring and environmental protection based on these analyses. These programs enclose the following fields as a priority:
- Reduction of polluting wastes thrown into environment;
- Supervision of placement of wastes and water supply systems;
- Effective utilization of soil and quality reclamation of disturbed soil
- Encourages and supervises that each and every employee of the Company studies, understands and applies practically the statutory and other requirements belonging to ecological aspects of its activity in the regions where the Company operates;
- Uses the materials with less negative impact in ecological terms by modernizing current processing equipment and technologies, applying cutting edge technologies by taking into consideration the requirements of increasing environmental protection and industrial safety;
- Builds the programs concerning resource saving, reduction in electricity consumption expenditures, implementation of modern non-waste or low-waste technologies, provides appropriate analyses and corrective actions once a year in this regard in order to achieve determined goals;
- Brings ecological policy obligations to the notice of all related persons, including subcontractors working in the Company’s facilities.
“AzerGold” CJSC, having satisfied all the principles, implements this policy by using all reasonable means within the scope of national legislation in order to prevent or minimize the threats that may inflict harm to environment during work process.